The Georgia Certified Economic Developer ProgramA UGA Certification Program
Georgia's first certified economic developer program has arrived! The Georgia Certified Economic Developer (GCED) program, created in partnership with the Georgia Economic Developers Association, offers economic development professionals Georgia-specific training on practical topics that can be immediately applied within your community to achieve economic success.
- Courses tailored to the specific needs of Georgia's communities
- Two specialty tracks to choose from
- More cost-effective than other economic development training
- Taught in central locations around the state
- Complete your certification in as little as two to three years
- Practical, skills-based training with immediate application
- Professionalism and Initiative
- Technical and Industry Knowledge
- Analyzing, Assessing and Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Leadership and Influence
GCED certification is awarded to participants who complete a total of 60 hours of course work and a capstone portfolio project. The program is broken down into five core courses that account for 36 hours of course work and an additional 24 hours of elective credit from two specializations, Industry Knowledge or Leadership Development.